Titleist Introduces the New 2017 Pro V1 and Pro V1x Golf Balls
The new Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls are the most advanced, best performing golf balls ever stamped with the Titleist script. Precisely engineered using the most sophisticated golf ball technology, new Pro V1 and Pro V1x provide total performance for every player and deliver unmatched quality and consistency.
The overwhelming choice of players at every level of competitive golf and best-selling models around the world, Pro V1 and Pro V1x continually set the standard for golf ball performance through relentless research and development innovation and an industry-leading manufacturing process. Advancements for 2017 include new core and aerodynamic designs:
- The longest Pro V1 ever, 2017 Pro V1 has been reengineered with a Next Generation 2.0 ZG Process Core that delivers longer distance on all shots through lower long game spin and faster ball speed, while maintaining the very soft feel and superior short-game performance that Pro V1 players demand. A new spherically tiled 352 tetrahedral dimple design produces a penetrating trajectory with even more consistent flight.
- The extraordinary distance of the 2017 Pro V1x, featuring a ZG Process Dual Core, is enhanced by a new spherically tiled 328 tetrahedral dimple design that produces a high trajectory with its most consistent flight ever.
- 2017 Pro V1 and Pro V1x continue to deliver superior short game scoring performance. The soft Urethane Elastomer cover system used on both models is precisely formulated to deliver Drop-and-Stop greenside control with soft feel, providing golfers with the performance and confidence to hit it closer to the hole. The soft Urethane Elastomer cover, created by a chemical reaction that takes place during the casting process, also provides long-lasting durability throughout the course of play.
Choosing between the total performance of Pro V1 and Pro V1x, golfers will notice differences in flight, feel and spin. Pro V1 flies lower with a penetrating trajectory and feels softer. Pro V1x flies higher, has a slightly firmer feel, and spins more on iron shots.
- Every Pro V1 and Pro V1x is manufactured by Titleist associates in the company’s state-of-the-art golf ball manufacturing facilities, to the highest performance and quality specifications in the industry. This investment in quality control ensures the most consistent performance from ball to ball, and dozen to dozen. This is critical to allowing golfers to consistently execute the same types of shots, round after round.
- “Every time we set out to develop new Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls, our challenge is to set an even higher benchmark for golf ball performance,” said Michael Mahoney, Vice President, Titleist Golf Ball Marketing. “We are constantly in the field talking to golfers of all skill levels about what we can do to help them shoot lower scores. At the same time, the Titleist Golf Ball R&D and Operations teams are working together to develop new golf ball technologies that deliver performance golfers may not yet realize they need. It’s because of this ownership and commitment at every step of the process that we’re able to deliver meaningful performance improvements and make the best golf balls in the game even better.”
“No matter their playing ability, golfers have a simple choice when it comes to choosing the best golf ball for their game,” said Bill Morgan, Senior Vice President, Titleist Golf Ball R&D. “Either Pro V1 or Pro V1x will give you the best opportunity to shoot your lowest score. The decision purely comes down to flight, feel and spin. As we’ve told the pros, while you may consider yourself a ‘V’ or an ‘X’ player, we think this is a great time for you to reevaluate both Pro V1 and Pro V1x to see which 2017 model is the best fit for your game.”
“While performance is always the end goal, I first design for aesthetics. Initially, a design has to appeal to the eye. But, when you examine the components, you can appreciate the technology that goes into creating these amazing new putters,” Cameron said. “I’ve worked with insert ideas for years. This is the culmination of my research, the various inlays we’ve developed for this new line.”
For full article Click Here